A self-satirical train wreck that you can witness word by word...

And for those who doubt my son Armand Bovoso, indeed he is part Black. I'm Black and Italian. Armand is Black, italian, and Ukranian Jewish. Send me an email if you can't accept this.



Out of Africa


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Looks like I've come across a new internet scam. Very interesting one indeed. I recently starting using Yahoo messenger in order to chat with some folks who aren't on AIM. There's a great program for the Mac called Fire. Fire allows you to chat with all the services (ICQ, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ect.). Around the same time I decided to update my Yahoo profile with a new picture and all. Apparently there are an abundance of women in African countries who seem to take interest with me. The first one called herself Joyce.



Kind of cute. She said I was a nice man and immediately asked me if I was married. She said she was from Ghana. In our first conversation we had this exchange:

aledro
do you ever come to the USA?

joyceo
I hope to chat with you everyday
no
will you send me there?
am single
want some one like you for a long lasting relationship that can lead to marrage in the near future
can you call me on the phone now?
is God who made us meet today

On our second conversation was the highlight from her :

joyceo
wow what a nice picture
I love you ok


Over the next month I mostly ignored her chat invitations but one day I decided to chat again because I had nothing better to do. Here's the whopper.


joyceo
I want to come and visit you
when do you want me to come
but you have to send me invitation letter which will help me get a visa at the American Embassy here
give me your email
now I do not have passport
will help me process a passport?



Hmmm. I ignored her from then on until she left me alone. In October I had another African woman contact me. Here is our conversation pretty much verbatim



queen4
i am kelly

aledro
Hi Kelly
how did you find me?

queen4
yahoo

My name is kelly roland and i'm 30 years old,from usa in Texas but now In Lagos Nigeria, i have never married befor in my life and i have never make love befor in my life i dont want someone that will break my heart, i believe i have everything that any man could want from a woman,i know that but am not saying that am the best woman on earth,but i still believe in me,and in God almight father,I believe that one day my soulmate will come for me


aledro
You live in Nigeria now?

queen4
my dad is from Nigeria and my mum is from usa
I live with my mum in Texas in Whitewright when i am 11 years old my mum dead that is why my dad tell to come down here soon as i have the true love for me i can go back to meet the person and stay forever


That was pretty much that for me. Never did hear from her again. I also received messages from many other women that never really went anywhere. One was from Tracey who claimed to be from London but originally from San Francisco. She typed with the same bad accent as the others. Something was definitely up.


Today I received IMs from two different African women. Here is the first one, short and sweet.


aledro
where do you live?

kelly_k
west afeica

aledro
ah yes
i have hadn a number of women contact me from diffferent parts of africa
what country?


That was that. She never responded. About 5 hours later I received another IM. The details (and broken English) are exactly the same as the others. She claimed to be from "UK." I asked which part and she told me Kingston. I asked her if that was in England and she said, "No, it's in the UK." UK? Oh-kay... We had some small debate about it and then she asked if I wanted to see her picture. Get a load of what she sent me. The subject of the email said: "elsha or jjessica picture"






I think I'm going to have fun with the next person who tries to contact me with this same story. I might even devote a blog to it's evolution.


1 Responses to “Out of Africa”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    HA! Amazing and a half. I didn't know mail order bridedom was all the rage in Africa. Guess I need to get with the times.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3