A self-satirical train wreck that you can witness word by word...

And for those who doubt my son Armand Bovoso, indeed he is part Black. I'm Black and Italian. Armand is Black, italian, and Ukranian Jewish. Send me an email if you can't accept this.



OK. Back to the fun...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



After he read my last 3 posts I almost had to talk my brother off of a ledge. So let's go back to the movies. I recently joined Netflix to take advantage of their free two week offer. I was determined to cancel right after the trial period but the sons a bitches hooked me in. It's actually a perfect fit for my busy life. I get to rent out 3 movies at a time and return them (via prepaid envelope) any time I want. $17.99/month. No late fees whatsoever. The service is so fast that I usually receive movies in one day after they ship. Plus, having the movies mailed directly to my home saves loads of time not having to go to the video store. Here are some great ones I've seen recently.

Lost in Translation-



Wow, the spirit of Francis Ford Coppola has been infused into his daughter Sophia. This is a great movie about a platonic love affair set in Japan. Please do yourself a favor and rent the DVD.

Pitch Black-



I know I'm pretty late on this one. This was the best Aliens rip off ever done. Vin Deisel's first starring role as well. Not that I'm a big fan of his but this is before the fiasco of XXX.


American Splendor-



This movie I didn't rent from Netflix but saw at the party I attened Saturday night. I'll put this one in the category of Ghost World. Having been a life long comic book reader you would think that at some point this brilliant work would have crossed my eyes. I never heard of it until they began promoting the film on HBO. Paul Giamatti is such an amazing character actor. Ever since he played Pig Vomit in Private Parts I've been a big fan. Look for him to do great work in the future. On a side note I have to watch this movie again. The television that I watched the film on (not my glorious 50 inch wide screen HDTV) was not working correctly. For some reason the brightness kept going in and out. My student said he would lend it to me so I could see it properly. Thanks Jesse!

That's it for now. I'm about to kill some brain cells by watching the sequel to Pitch Black; The Chronicles of Riddick.


1 Responses to “OK. Back to the fun...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    DUDE! That was a great movie. GREAT. Incredibly original. I loved it. I expected to hate it, but I loved it. Go figure.

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3